Friday 25 January 2008

About Me

I worked until I was 65 and retired over 20 years ago. I then started joining art/craft groups. I had not really painted since leaving school, as my growing family and work took priority in my life.

I paint in watercolours and my youngest daughter wwwKaDeArt.blogspot.com usually photographs my paintings and makes copies for me to use as cards and bookmarks. The originals I use for special cards etc.
My middle daughter Lesley has always been an artist (self-taught as unfortunately we could not afford to send her to Art College) and therefore I found it difficult to appreciate what I can achieve. Although all my daughters like my paintings. For many years Lesley has been a popular animal artist, with many commissions and exhibitions to her credit. You can now view her work: http://animalartistlesley.blogspot.com/
I attend an art group on wednesdays, which I enjoy it is about 20 minutes walk for me.

No comments: